Ck's Blog in Chinese

For chinese version, please visit blog at the link below:-

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanks for all the birthday greetings and some quick and brief updates about ck

Dear all

First of all, I wish to apologise for late replies in all the posts at MSN message, email, friendster, facebook’s wall and so on.

I’m fine here, was celebrated birthday with flatmates one week in advance, and will post these details in my blog soon.

Keep in touch, and wish you guys all the best too.

Any latest happenings about me, feel free to visit my blog at:-

http://limchoonkiat.blogspot.com/ Chinese
http://limchoonkiat-ck.blogspot.com/ English

Cheers,
choon kiat

The following info are some quick update about me recenlty, or after 2.5 moths in the UK.

--study/ academic/ research--

about my research, so far so good, at least I'm not doing something "sia sui", (or make me felt ashamed), unless some "lui" matters, but not to the extent like at UTAR last time, haha..I just finised the physiology part of my research, will proceed to molecular analysis soon, and quite happy as I got positive feedbacks from both post-doc and supervisor, these definitely will boost my morale.

besides research, I need to take advance courses on Plant Mol. Biology and Plant Botechnology (Next year), and learnt some new things definitely, like what Marccus mentioned in his post, about recent advance technique in sequencing, and I believed I gave a brief and comprehensive comment in his post, for more info feel free to visit it. Undeniable, lecture from both Drs. Alan and Tee helped me a lots..even the lecturer also impress with my understanding in mol. bio.

good news--i passed both IT and radiation protection tests, now this year still have few assessments like essay, presentation. Hopefully can perform well.

whatever I do here, the aim and target is be the only and the best MRes Plant Science student at Glasgow Uni. I will strive for it

--work--

Currently work as a part-time waiter for about 2 months at one of the chinese restaurants (will put pictures later), so I am in the semi-working life now, my conclusion is: it's never been easy, not only in proper time management, sometime you will get harsh critics from those so called "managerial" staff. As a student worker, they tend to take more advantages on you, and have great demands on you..anyway, i treat it sounds like mosquito fly beside me, keeps on mumblering. It's really tough sometimes, as you are facing stress at tight deadline in your research, and at the sametime you have to suffer critics from those f*****s. I understand that I'm here to learnt, and willing to accept constructive comments/ opinions and not because when you are moody, or etc..then keep on blaming people. These so-called Chinese or Malaysian even worst than westerner I faced in the UK. Idiot!

Another work, as an un-paid volunteer in the Glasgow Uni. International Career Service Group, our aim is to provide guidance/advice for students at Glasgow Uni. who wish to pursue further study / work in the UK or other foreign country once they completed their degree here. I incharge in blog/facebook session, and recently give a great presentation about the design of this blog..(haha, kiding and blowwater only), will inform you guys about the blog, and hope you will feel free to leave comments& feedbacks to improve arrangement, content of this blog. Since it is unpaid, so benefits are I can have quick assess for resume checking, career advice without any prior appoiment (as it takes 3 weeks for yours turn). Also, I can have a impress and good refree..

--future career planning--

As I mentioned at here and here. Yeap, some facts and realistic issues that worry me. Anyway, some how I have to face it, and do something against the odds. Recently, I read an article written by research fellow from Glasgow Uni, will share with you guys soon..This article really states out the problem/ fact that I knew or my supervisor told me, and I share some similar point of views with him.

Finally, birthday...yup, I celebrated one week in advance with other flatmates. Really happy and touch, will share with you guys later, after arrange all the pics and content for blog. Meanwhile, feel free to see the pic below, a greeting card I got from them. Actually, I took pictures with 2 guys only, but they are so fast, within 5 minutes, can produce a greeting card that showed I took pic with all other friends.



lastly, wish you guys all the best, and keep in touch

5 comments:

The M said...

Bravo Ck ^^

No need care about those things when work. Instead observe how funny when they make the critics. hehe, enjoy the funny look of them.

Strive for the best MRes in Glascow!~ =)

TianChad田七摄影 said...

Be positive!!
Tolerate to critics is another kind of challenge ;p

cklim said...

hi marccus and tian chad, thanks for your motivations..yeap..jz face and enjoy it..haha, will use this blog to express my frustration when du lan that time..then u guys have to torture your eyes d..:-)

Anonymous said...

yo CK...

just read through your blog n saw the circumstances you're facing in work.. poor thing... jobs like these are always tough but be positive and take it as a learning path to be more perservering... you'll be a much tougher man because of this! take care there...

n oh... the weather must be freezing there.. dun cut ur hair la... let it grow long to provide warmth... haha... i'll be very anxious to see CK in long hair :P

cklim said...

hi tim.

yeap..thanks..treat it as a learning exp...haha, weather getting colder, but no snow anyway..so can't celebrate white christmas..

hehe, i haven't cut my hair, haha, next time if there is any event, the i will post some recent photo of mine here..:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin