Ck's Blog in Chinese

For chinese version, please visit blog at the link below:-

Monday, January 11, 2010

January 2010

A brief update after the first week of January 2010.

Research

After 3 months of PhD, I begin my research on computer modelling apart from usual wet bench experimental techniques. Also, I also assisted by the 3rd supervisor from the Department of Mathematic and Engineering. Quite happy that I got full support from the graduate school, and It’s a very rare case on which a PhD student is supervised by 3 supervisors.

Other academic commitment  

This term, I am GTA for two modules and demonstrator for one of the year two modules. Note the difference between GTA & Demonstrator:- GTA is more likely to be “assistant” to the course organiser of that module. Mostly, we involve in organisation and administration works, e.g. arranging lecture note, answering students’ queries, assess student works, invigilate exam, etc.

By contrast, demonstrator involve teaching/demonstrating practical classes. It’s a science/experimental based tasks.

As mentioned in the previous post, I am applying associate membership of the UK Higher Education Teaching Academy. In order to qualify, I have to attend few modules which I have finished last year, and follow by an assignment. I hope experiences gained from GTA and Demonstrator can assist me to write a good assignments.

Home

I will be coming back later of the year. Tentatively, scheduled travel across Malaysia, e.g. Sarawak, Penang, Kedah, KL, etc and foreign countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, etc.

Personal

I am healthy and fine here, although many challenging tasks awaiting me. I can’t spend much time on social networking sites and also can’t give prompt and details to each comments received, etc. But I ensure I will read every comments to me and also I will read blog post/ tweets from you guys.

Current Issue

2010 is the election year in the UK, anticipating to see the outcome and its impact to international student to us.

There were so many issues happened in home country, and seems our leaders are keen on playing political issues rather than finding solutions to develop the country.

As a result, I urge all eligible voters:-remember register yourself & cast your vote in next GE,get the right people to running the country instead of ruining her.

Leisure

I celebrated Christmas and New Year in Exeter. Then, few days ago I went to London-Wales. Feel free to find out the following pictures. More pictures will be coming soon.

lon-wales 4 Stitch lon-wales 5 Stitch lon-wales 7 Stitch  lon wales 2 Stitch lon_wales-Stitch lon-wales 3 Stitch DSCN0001 Stitch

3 comments:

yeekai5 said...

compact n well organize boy,bravo scorpion king :D

Blur Pei said...

looking forward in ur blog post!

cklim said...

@ tan sri: thanks,,

@ jia pei: yeah..sure..share it asap

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin