I came across the scientific century report published by the Royal Society, The advisory group of the report is comprised of Nobel Laureates and former ministers.
The report provides suggestions to develop science as a key field for the UK’s economic growth. Six recommendations are proposed:
- Put science and innovation at the heart if a strategy for long-term economic growth;
- Prioritise investment in excellent people;
- Strengthen Government’s use of science;
- Reinforce the UK’s position as a hub for global science and innovation;
- Better align science and innovation with global challenges;
- Revitalise science and mathematics education.
You can download the report (76 pages) from the website--http://royalsociety.org/The-scientific-century/
I’m reading the report these days, hope to gain some insights then.