Ck's Blog in Chinese

For chinese version, please visit blog at the link below:-

Monday, October 13, 2008

my humble opinions about Glasgow after one month of my stay

Speak it honesty, I only suffered homesick for about 3 days. The reason is there’s not much different between Malaysia and Glasgow, except weather, cultural, and driver here.

First, transport system here, similar with Malaysia. Also, road here almost the same, because many holes, not flat.

Streets not so clean as Singapore or Edinburgh, can see paper waste, cigarette butt, etc, everywhere.

Since, there’re several Chinese supermarkets here, so oriental/local food are available here. For instant, magi mee, indo mee, milo, nasi lemak/ tomyam paste, etc. Also, like London, Manchester, there’s a china town here.

I believe most of the people think that students from eastern countries are quiet and passive, but there’re some exceptional cases. Likewise, for students from western countries too. During tour, I found that westerners prefer to take picture on landscape, nature rather than group photo, or picture of themselves.

About culture here, I can say weather is cold, but people here are warm. When dealing banking matters or other public services. Other than simple greetings like good morning, hello, etc. they will express their concern to you, e.g. how to you do, how’s ur weekend, and so on. After settle, they will say:-thank you (common in everywhere), as well as take care, bye bye..keep in touch, etc.

I believe we should learn / practise these good services, not matter in public or private sectors. Maybe there are some staffs do so in Malaysia. That’s why, majority of them are not. As a result, people always condemned about services provided.

Anyway, I just arrived at here for a month, so can’t make any conclusion about what I observed here. Perhaps, after a period of time, I can draw some conclusions about my observation here.

7 comments:

The M said...

so fast and its pass 1 month..
Glad that you're very well there.
My friend, do remember to take care always there. =)

Calv's said...

hello ck, not sure if u still recognize me, but your name is still fresh in my memories. :p Well, guess my blog(1st post) can trace your memory back a little bit, or my fs perhaps.

I was kinda surprised when i found your blog. Was always wondering about studyin at UK. Been reading ur blog for few weeks, haha, hope to hear a lot more from you about ur life at UK. thanks for sharing...

Take care & see you around...

cklim said...

hi marccus, tq for ur comment. ya, so fast one month d, one year also will finish very fast, looking forward to see u guys then..but life getting tough here, haih..but will alway make myself move forward..haha..thank for ur wishes, u too..do take care urself, anything i can help, let me know ya..

hello, calvien yong..my dear st.john junior, thank you for your wishes..i still remember who u're, thanks for visiting my blog, feel free to leave me any comments... i will keep u guys up-to-date with my life and happenings here. perhaps u can visit my chinese version blog at limchoonkiat.blogspot.com

sUsAn said...

heloo ck.. Jia you oh!! I sure you can done well in your master over there.. Gambateh.. Take care..:P

cklim said...

hello, susan..tq for ur comment and encouragement, i really appreciate and happy. frankly say, life here getting harder d, haha..cant feel the intense work...but will keep work ahead...:-)///u too, gambate and all da best as well.

~~ Profligate Kairi ~~ said...

hey ck.. glad you r feelin homesick.. haha i thought u wouldn't miss malaysia at all..but take care and of course, do miss me also la k?

~~cheers~~

kairi

cklim said...

my dear kairi, so i miss my home (last for a while) and u one..dun worry..u too, take care yourself, and forget about all sad things happened to u ya..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin