Ck's Blog in Chinese

For chinese version, please visit blog at the link below:-

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

suspicious emails claiming from Maybank

I received a suspicious email claiming to be from Maybank yesterday. The email message as follow:

image

From my observations, several suspicious points as follow:

1) Sender email:

84.131.31.1@mayban2uk.com.my

**please note the @domain (it’s in maybank2uk.com.my) which is not the official domain if I guess it right (maybank2u.com.my)

**secondly, the bank will not asking for account reactivation/ password update, etc through email.

2) url attached in the email

**url/web address for redirection to the “e-banking site” will be provided in most scam emails. When I moved cursor to the hyperlink, it displayed the following url:

http://everyday.cl/administrator/templates/mambo_admin_blue/m2u.htm

which is totally crap!!!

3) Format of the email itself

**If this email is for me, it should address me (e.g. Dear Mr. Lim, etc).

**every corporate email should have proper html letter head, design layout i.e. maybank logo, colour design etc.

**there should be a disclaimer statement at the bottom of each message.

My Action was:

Submitted the Phishing Report to Maybank.

Please pass this message around and always be alert. Go to the bank directly should you have any queries.

image

3 comments:

Blur Pei said...

wow..u r clever.u done a great action!
they even post the head of Consumer banking's pic. Is that the real person?lol~

yeekai5 said...

haih,the syndicate wanna cheat tun,mana boleh...
sure end up sohai one :)

cklim said...

@ blur pei: thanks, always keep alert. i also dunno, first time i received scam message with pic, maybe they want to convinve people gua :-p

@tan sri: no la, cos i got a great tan sri stand with me ma, haha :-p

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin