Ck's Blog in Chinese

For chinese version, please visit blog at the link below:-

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

literature for previous post on microbes diversity in both genders

My previous post mentioned about an article about differences in microbes diversity on male and female palm. Interestingly, no comment in this post. I think most probably this article really annoy my female friends, as they put so many cosmetic, take care their hands well, but how come still dirtier than male couterpart.....Really "paiseh" and sorry..haha..

As I promise, the literature about this study..Here you go:-

Fierer et al. (2008). The influence of sex, handedness, and washing on the diversity of hand surface bacteria.
PNAS 2008 105:17994-17999; published online before print November 12, 2008, doi:10.1073/pnas.0807920105
Available at :http://www.pnas.org/content/105/46/17994.full

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably male skin are naturally more acidic than female skin. haha. XD

wen ni said...

or maybe the male skin is thicker than female, and the microbe don't like to stay there.

cklim said...

frankly say, i didn't read at the article, so I don't know the reasons behind..Anyway, I believe like microbes like human (just like we all love leng lui), so microbes also perfer to colonise at female skin..haha..my "rubbish" opinions..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin