i attended two interviews and one presentation before obtaining the studentship at Exeter. Some questions asked by the interviewers are as follow:
1. Explain about additions skills/ additional course have undertaken (with reference to CV you sent)
2. How do you feel with cross-disciplinary studies? Any previous experience?
3. Why PhD?
4. Tell me about your previous works
5. What statistic training you have?
6. What paper (beyond plant science) that you are interested with?
7. Your understanding on the project?
8. Do you have any teaching experience?
9. Other skills that you can contribute to the research group?
10. How do you overcome depression/ failure?
11. Career aspiration
12. Why do you like plant science?
Hope these may help in your future interview..