Ck's Blog in Chinese

For chinese version, please visit blog at the link below:-

Sunday, April 11, 2010

face book for your parents?

Thought provoking issue from a recent article I read, as below

image

Boy sues mother for Facebook harassment as she argues 'parental duty' | Mail Online - Mozilla Firefox http://ow.ly/1wNWn

Recently, my mum asked me to sign up a facebook account for her, but I am still considering whether or not to do so? Having a facebook connection with your family allow them to understand your life better, but at the same time this may lead to privacy breach. Well, there are pros and cons on social networking site, so bear in mind that use it in a sensible and responsible ways. 

I enjoy sharing my views and keeping in touch with buddies through social networking sites like twitter, facebook, blogs, etc. i have had opportunities to interact with friends that never talk before during my undergraduate studies. However, I always keep alert that use these tools wisely, and not to make mine private life public.

Anyway, feel free to voice your opinion in the poll I set up, you can cast your vote at the following page:

http://limchoonkiat-ck.blogspot.com/p/poll.html

There are other polls on this page as well, feel free to vote on your favourite topics. I appreciate your opinions and views. Thanks .

2 comments:

Blur Pei said...

both my mum n dad having facebook now. My mum beg me for helping her sign up for so long. she is comp illiterate. I have to teach her step by step. I was also hesitating a while for accept her or not as friend. after that i decided to accept both dad n mum in facebook.

Sometimes they do complains why I play facebook during work, will kena discipline by them =)

And now I even give my mum my fb password and user name, as she like to play fb games!!! sometimes she help me collect crops, serve foods...etc..which i lazy playing it.

Somehow she did not change or type anything using my account. she respect my privacy. i guess 'trust' is our both's solution

cklim said...

thanks for your comprehensive comment, i will repost and cite yours :-p

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin